FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Visa/MasterCard Gift Cards at Staples(2017 onwards)
Old Jan 14, 2020, 1:13 pm
camaross

Originally Posted by Churnman
I'm surprised there aren't more wiser-than-your-average-manager at office supply stores who realize allowing multiple purchases by good customers (whether it's allowing one 2k purchase at a time or at least one or two single VGC purchases each day by each good customer) simply helps their numbers, which corporate sees. I've seen every stingy manager who greatly limited GC purchases, even of customers willing to show ID and such, sent packing by corporate after a while or their store getting shuttered and then if they did manage keeping their position moved to another location a great distance for them to commute. I had enough of one manager at a different chain, who thought I looked like another GC buyer even though I could prove my name is different but banned me from occasionally buying a few cards, so reported him and the store to corporate and that location was shuttered within a year. Corporate knew I was a multi-business ordering machine, so they weren't too happy and it just put more eyes on that location. I hated to see some of the good employees lose their jobs, but when a couple people rule the roost and act like the GC Gestapo, they don't last long in that location. Maybe I should have said 'soup nazi' as in "no gc for you!"

At a different chain, I even had the employees (while the manager was on break) ask me to help corporate see the light when it came to a bad manager. They were closed within the year. I knew those employees would actually lose their job, not just get a new manager, but also knew they'd be happier in a different business.
And then everyone clapped