Old Jan 14, 20, 12:53 pm
paolo64

Very recent stay here. Upgrade ( AMB/LTTE) to suite identical to that pictured in the review by CBellero ( above). Great accommodation.
The shuttle service appears to have improved ( now 50 return trips each day, including at 15 minute intervals during peak times...other times 30 minutes). The stop is easy : out the plaza, over the crossing to the 3rd kerb, turn right past a few B stops, C13 is right there ( unfortunately it’s not signposted as a Renaissance stop). The bus pulls in just a few metres past that C13 sign. The hotel sent a pre-arrival email with those details , and the times. It was pouring with rain/blowing a gale for my late night arrival but still not difficult.
Breakfast hours have changed ( now 0600-1100), addressing the concern in one of the comments above. As to be expected, good bread, cheese, pastries. I didn’t eat the hot dishes, but they looked decent.
I didn’t find the trip downtown onerous ( shuttle plus train: it’s 35-45 minutes depending on the connection)
The building is genuinely ugly, but the interiors are nice.
I prefer it to the Sheraton , even before considering the fact that it’s often not much more than 1/2 the price. The ‘cost’ is the additional time to reach the hotel ( shuttle is 10 minutes) , plus the lack of a lounge.
I was VERY pleasantly surprised ( but decided to ‘give it a go’ based in part on the Travelling Expats review mentioned above).