Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Renaissance Hotel Amsterdam Schiphol Airport [Master Thread]

Renaissance Hotel Amsterdam Schiphol Airport [Master Thread]

Hide Wikipost
Old Apr 29, 19, 4:07 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: SkiAdcock
Wiki Link
Hat tip to JonasCLT: " i found internetupgrade.marriott.com which let me enter my name & room number to sign up for enhanced and boom I was back in modern era. Don't plan on anything with the regular tier of internet."

The shuttle bus from AMS runs every 40min from stop C13
Print Wikipost

Old Aug 10, 19, 11:31 am

Just one additional info - the food there was excellent.
Old Aug 10, 19, 11:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E50, Marriott LT Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by HRSPGPutnik View Post
Just one additional info - the food there was excellent.
Lounge or restaurant?
Old Aug 10, 19, 11:49 am

Programs: BAEC Gold; Hilton Gold, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by HRSPGPutnik View Post
It is very easy to find, when you exit Schiphol Plaza - cross the street twice and you wlll find bus stop numbered C13. For your orientation it is almost under the bridge which connects Schiphol Plaza and hotel Sheraton. But few times (20%) I should wait for the bus - so do not be surprised if the bus is not on time there - just wait. Do not take taxi - it is 30 EUR!
Thank you very much. That's exactly what I looking for!
Old Aug 10, 19, 11:49 am

Originally Posted by margarita girl View Post

Lounge or restaurant?
Restaurant
Old Oct 15, 19, 8:54 am
Formerly known as Stephenk19

Programs: Free Agent
We stayed at the Renaissance for one night in October before continuing on to Rotterdam.

Hotel meet our expectations. There is shuttle service to the airport, but we missed one of the shuttles and ended up doing a cab for 25 euros. Room was fine if nothing special. Hotel was a bit larger then we thought it would be - the lobby felt like a football field.

There is no lounge so we had breakfast in the restaurant due to our Platinum Elite status. Breakfast had a nice cook to order station. Otherwise pretty standard fare.

Some pictures from our visit: https://www.thetravelingexpats.com/r...chiphol-hotel/
Old Jan 14, 20, 12:53 pm

Very recent stay here. Upgrade ( AMB/LTTE) to suite identical to that pictured in the review by CBellero ( above). Great accommodation.
The shuttle service appears to have improved ( now 50 return trips each day, including at 15 minute intervals during peak times...other times 30 minutes). The stop is easy : out the plaza, over the crossing to the 3rd kerb, turn right past a few B stops, C13 is right there ( unfortunately it’s not signposted as a Renaissance stop). The bus pulls in just a few metres past that C13 sign. The hotel sent a pre-arrival email with those details , and the times. It was pouring with rain/blowing a gale for my late night arrival but still not difficult.
Breakfast hours have changed ( now 0600-1100), addressing the concern in one of the comments above. As to be expected, good bread, cheese, pastries. I didn’t eat the hot dishes, but they looked decent.
I didn’t find the trip downtown onerous ( shuttle plus train: it’s 35-45 minutes depending on the connection)
The building is genuinely ugly, but the interiors are nice.
I prefer it to the Sheraton , even before considering the fact that it’s often not much more than 1/2 the price. The ‘cost’ is the additional time to reach the hotel ( shuttle is 10 minutes) , plus the lack of a lounge.
I was VERY pleasantly surprised ( but decided to ‘give it a go’ based in part on the Travelling Expats review mentioned above).
krazykanuck likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: