FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Six Days in Iraq
View Single Post
Old Jan 13, 2020, 7:02 pm
ChiefNWA

Programs: DL Diamond, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by henhen
Awesome review and what an experience.
The photos turned out amazing.
Might I ask what kinda of frame/lens you used? Any special settings to get the colors so vibrant?
Most of my dslr photos from trips turn out rather dull, not popping with color despite the subject being colorful
Thanks! I shoot with a Canon 6D Mk II with the kit 24-105 f4 and my wide angle 16-35 f4. I post-process everything in Lightroom with mostly minor touchups, nothing crazy. Camera settings: I shoot everything in raw with no in-camera kind of processing, I leave that for Lightroom.

Originally Posted by worldwidedreamer
Now I want to visit Iraq for spring break. How to convince the wife?
Tell her you're in Phoenix?

Originally Posted by SFO777
Wow. What an adventure and what an amazing trip. Some very nice scenery and the food looks really good. Thanks ChiefNWA.
Thanks! You can't go wrong with a kebab and some tea!

Originally Posted by lds89
Absolutely incredible pictures and trip. Love all the kebabs, and looks like some really beautiful scenery - Erbil also looks very pretty and not at all what I would've expected in that part of the world.
The scenery is indeed very beautiful, something I never really expected in Iraq until I started researching the trip.

Originally Posted by kcmd
Awesome TR and great to give folks a look at a region of world that is unfortunately jaded through mainstream media.
Thank you! Kurdistan is certainly in a better position than the rest of the country in terms of security, but the western media rarely portrays the two as separate.

Originally Posted by Madone59
ChiefNWA this trip report is absolutely inspiring. There is no other word for it. The photography and journey are fantastic. Thank you for taking the time to post and share.
Thank you, glad to contribute as always!

Originally Posted by wakesetter93
What a fantastic read, truly beautiful photos.
Thanks!

Originally Posted by flylonghaul
Thanks for posting!
Fantastic report and photos.
I would very much like to see Kurdistan at some point in the next few years.
Thank you! I firmly believe that if Kurdistan was independent and void of the Iraq name, it would be a much larger tourist destination than it is now. The natural beauty and friendliness of the people make it very appealing.