FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency Long Island (Wind Watch) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Jan 13, 2020, 4:21 pm
born sleepy

Programs: AA EXP, UA LT Ag, Marriott LT Ti, Hyatt Glob, Avis PC, Busted-Knuckles Club Grand Poobah.
Originally Posted by AMPfromBNA
Quick update for those who may be considering this property. It may be the best option in the mid Long Island area, but don’t take that as a recommendation. It hits all of the checklist items to carry the Hyatt Regency flag but doesn’t exceed in any of them.

In my opinion, if this was a Hilton, it would be a Doubletree. Yes, it has a full service restaurant and a modest fitness facility with a pool, but it doesn’t wow, the staff don’t go out of their way, and the rooms are a bit outdated (seems like 10-12 years based on the thread’s prior notes).

On the the plus side, they seem to know all of the above, and are priced reasonably most of the year. And when you consider the area is pretty much all Hampton Inns and Hilton Garden Inn type properties, this quickly stands out. I wish management would do a bit more for frequent or high status (Globalist) guests, but that can be said of many properties.
Just checked in last night. This property is pretty tired and could stand renovation. Yes it's reasonably priced; my corporate rate is about the same as the usual FairmptonGrinn suspects nearby and it's the only full-service hotel in the area. Hotel food usually isn't that good but sometimes I'm beat at the end of the work day and don't want to go out, like tonight! There's no restaurants nearby and you really need a car.

The HVAC in my room is really loud and I had them send the engineer on duty up but after listening to it he said they are all about the same, so no reason to change rooms. The compressor/heat pump/whatever it is kicks on even when the blower isn't running which is weird. The bathroom sink only has hot water in the morning. I'm not here long enough to make a big deal out of it. The four pillows are all different; one's a hard lump, one is squishy foam, one is nice and the other is flat as a board. But the mattress is comfy and unlike a lot of places the bedding isn't ridiculously hot and heavy -- I love going somewhere like Vegas or Miami in the summer and finding a heavyweight thick duvet on the bed... y'all I can't turn the AC down far enough to deal with that!

Updates: 1) I didn't have hot water last night nor earlier tonight, but I do now. 2) the bar food is pretty good.

Last edited by born sleepy; Jan 13, 2020 at 7:36 pm