FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LAX-HND, A350 to 777
View Single Post
Old Jan 12, 2020, 4:48 pm
Duke787
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I see advantages and disadvantages. People complain about the lack of center section airvents in D1, but to me the bigger disadvantage of the A350 is the lack of center overhead bins in D1. The suites seem the same otherwise.

IIRC most 777s don't have both PS and C+.

Of course, there is the coolness factor of the mood lighting and the cockpit instrumentation on the A350.
I believe all but 2 of the 777s have been refurbed and now have C+, PS, and D1 suites so this is a net positive (and I believe the other 2 are currently in the shop getting refurbed so chances of getting them are slim to none). Plus all 772ERs have been refurbed and I believe that's all that's needed or LAX - HND (they don't need the LR like they do for JNB or BOM).

This change was announced when they announced the new HND routes and SkyClub at the end of last year (DL press release: https://news.delta.com/delta-sky-clu...customers-2020).

Assume the switch is at least partially due to the 2020 Olympics and the likely significant LAX - TYO traffic for the Olympics.