FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - EVA/Star Gold Lounge TSA
View Single Post
Old Jan 10, 2020, 12:38 am
nldogbert

Originally Posted by dvs7310
Old thread but only one I saw for the TSA lounge. I have to say this is one of the worst business class lounges I've been in. Right on par with the tertiary mainland China airports.

No liquor or wine at all, lukewarm beer in the fridge and some low quality food. I'm pretty disappointed, if you're headed to TSA, don't bother arriving any earlier than you need to check in.
I coincidentally recently used this Airport VIP lounge (shared by different airlines) and my opinion is quite different from yours. For a lounge in general, i think it is OK and much better compared to lots of other mainland China lounges.
Indeed, the wine and spirits are not on display, but you have to ask it from the attendant - this was my first visit to this lounge, but I did ask and received one (which was drinkable). As for the lukewarm beer, I would say you might be unlucky and might have picked the cans that were just loaded into the fridge, you could have checked those back of the fridge.

Foor quality I thought was OK (same quality as what EVA or CI has at their lounges in TPE) but I thought that they had more variety here compared to those at TPE. The staff were also friendly and quick in picking up used plates/utensils even though during my visit it was quite packed.

Maybe my expectation of a lounge and your is different, so you might still not agree with this.

Cheers!