EVA/Star Gold Lounge TSA

Old Jul 25, 2013, 8:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: United
EVA/Star Gold Lounge TSA

Is there a *G lounge at TSA (Taipei-Songshan)?
Old Jul 25, 2013, 12:03 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL, AS, UA, IHG Plat
All the airlines share the same airport operated lounge at TSA so there is no Star Airline operated lounge. If you are flying on BR or NH, they can probably give you a pass to the lounge for being *Gold.
Old Jul 26, 2013, 6:26 am

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
Originally Posted by bzcat
All the airlines share the same airport operated lounge at TSA so there is no Star Airline operated lounge. If you are flying on BR or NH, they can probably give you a pass to the lounge for being *Gold.
If you use *A lounge finder, you'll see that when you fly NH, the only time you get lounge access is flying business class. *G will not give you any lounge access, even for their own top tiers (ANA Mileage Club Diamond) when flying economy.

OTOH, when you fly BR under the same criteria above (same status and cabin class), you'll be able to access the EVA contract lounge (in fact any *G and any cabin class). We'll just need someone flying both airlines to verify the eligibilities under both scenarios. I'm guessing NH or the lounge dragon will exercise discretion given both are *G (unless NH refuses to pay for their passengers' lounge accesses at TSA except J).
Old Jul 26, 2013, 7:33 am

Programs: United
Originally Posted by vincewy
If you use *A lounge finder, you'll see that when you fly NH, the only time you get lounge access is flying business class. *G will not give you any lounge access, even for their own top tiers (ANA Mileage Club Diamond) when flying economy.

OTOH, when you fly BR under the same criteria above (same status and cabin class), you'll be able to access the EVA contract lounge (in fact any *G and any cabin class). We'll just need someone flying both airlines to verify the eligibilities under both scenarios. I'm guessing NH or the lounge dragon will exercise discretion given both are *G (unless NH refuses to pay for their passengers' lounge accesses at TSA except J).
It may be NH discretion, but I've gotten a lounge invitation card at check-in every time when flying NH economy out of TSA.
Old Jan 9, 2020, 11:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
Old thread but only one I saw for the TSA lounge. I have to say this is one of the worst business class lounges I've been in. Right on par with the tertiary mainland China airports.

No liquor or wine at all, lukewarm beer in the fridge and some low quality food. I'm pretty disappointed, if you're headed to TSA, don't bother arriving any earlier than you need to check in.
Old Jan 10, 2020, 12:38 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by dvs7310
Old thread but only one I saw for the TSA lounge. I have to say this is one of the worst business class lounges I've been in. Right on par with the tertiary mainland China airports.

No liquor or wine at all, lukewarm beer in the fridge and some low quality food. I'm pretty disappointed, if you're headed to TSA, don't bother arriving any earlier than you need to check in.
I coincidentally recently used this Airport VIP lounge (shared by different airlines) and my opinion is quite different from yours. For a lounge in general, i think it is OK and much better compared to lots of other mainland China lounges.
Indeed, the wine and spirits are not on display, but you have to ask it from the attendant - this was my first visit to this lounge, but I did ask and received one (which was drinkable). As for the lukewarm beer, I would say you might be unlucky and might have picked the cans that were just loaded into the fridge, you could have checked those back of the fridge.

Foor quality I thought was OK (same quality as what EVA or CI has at their lounges in TPE) but I thought that they had more variety here compared to those at TPE. The staff were also friendly and quick in picking up used plates/utensils even though during my visit it was quite packed.

Maybe my expectation of a lounge and your is different, so you might still not agree with this.

Cheers!
Old May 10, 2023, 1:13 am

Currently in TSA VIP lounge. As per previous comment, it's a shared lounge for all airlines flying out of. Tbh, I had lower expectations prior to coming here but I am impressed with the cleanliness and frequency of staff cleaning up used plates etc. Wine selection is ok (1 white and 1 red). Taiwanese beer and Kirin Ichiban. Variety of dim sum and Japanese chicken curry, local favorites like pork chop rice, minced pork rice, mixed stir fried veges. Beer and soda could be colder. But this place is clean. That's a win for me.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.