FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ticket or Award status: On Hold, On Request, Pending, Purchased and Ticketed
Old Jan 6, 2020, 1:46 pm
jtav559

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, HH DIA, Hertz PC, GE + Pre✓, Amazon Super Special Prime
Have a bit of a mystery on my hands....

Back in Dec, originally booked 2 RT AAnytime Business awards, all one PNR. A recent schedule change on the return legs facilitated some big changes on our return routing. We are now departing from a different airport, but still a AAnytime J award / same # of miles required. Still on the original PNR at this point. Changes were ticketed and confirmed. Muy bein, mis amigos!

After that was fixed, I called in to then upgrade this new return routing from a J AAnyitme award to a F AAnytime award. Inventory was available according to AA and EF, easy peasy.... until the CS rep #1 indicated that "due to the previous schedule and reservation changes", they could not edit this ticket any further - which sounded rather strange to me . If I wanted F on the return, he would have to cancel the current ticket and rebuild the entire trip, same routing just different cabin, on a new reservation. Ok by me, so he went ahead and did so. Told me that new reservation should show up in 30-45 minutes time on my account. And then we disconnected. Quickly there after, received:
  1. an award cancellation email for the original rese', original miles deposited back in to my account.
  2. followed by the miles redemption email for the correct (increased) amounts on the new F ticket.
Sure enough, about 20 minutes later, a new PNR popped into my account. Albeit, now with the incorrect outbound routing that would not work for us, but at least the return was correct and in F as requested. Hmmmmmm.....

Called back to get my original outbound routing restored on this new ticket, to be told by rep #2 that the award for that specific route was now more than 2X the original price in miles and that she could not put me on it without coughing up the miles. My explaining that all this was brought about by a schedule change and then AA error on rebooking fell on deaf ears.

HUCA, and got rep #3 that saw all the mess in the reservations and told me to sit tight and she would sort it out. About 30 minutes later rep #3 came back and explained that the cancel and reissue on the original PNR by rep #1 was actually not needed, and that she would be:
  1. Canceling and refunding this 2nd reservation (the one with bad outbound routing) that was made to get F seats
  2. Restoring my original (albeit modified due to schedule change) reservation (post-confirmed changes), RT in J.
I agreed to this, and the original PNR came back to my profile and then showed ticketed, RT J with the correct routing, a short while later.

BUT... no more miles came out of my account. I was already refunded on the first ticket (as is expected), and then refunded on the second ticket (as Rep #3 explained), but I was never "re-charged" for her restoring the original PNR.

I let it sit for a week, figuring it would resolve itself, but here we are and:
  • Miles are still in my account.
  • Ticketed (with 2 unique ticket #'s for myself and other pax) per the usual "receipt" link work around, and showing "ticket exchange" as the form of payment.
  • Ticketed and status listed as "OK" on the receipts page of the AA refund site, for each ticket number for each traveler.
  • Called in this AM and asked them to confirm the reservation is OK and ticketed, and for a copy of receipt to be emailed. This triggered the rese' to go to "ticket pending" for about and hour and then it reverted back to ticketed on AA.com as well as the 2 aforementioned "checks".

Anyone ever see something like this before?

I mean, I am happy to cough up the miles if they ever come calling for them, but then again... why poke the bear if it shows ticketed on multiple spots / AA phone rep checks the rese' and says its ok.

I am guessing in another week or two, some system check will catch the issue and remove miles from my account. But it all seems very odd!

Thoughts, comments, concerns, advice?