FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DL vs AF in main cabin
View Single Post
Old Jan 4, 2020, 11:20 am
jaimemayo

Programs: DL Diamond, 2 MM
DL vs AF in main cabin

Hello, I tried to do a search “AF vs DL in main cabin” but could find nothing directly comparing the two airlines. I much prefer DL to AF, especially since I can be almost automatically “upgraded” to C+ on DL flights. I’m not sure that’s the case with AF. I also find the flight experience more pleasant with DL. The last time I flew AF was in J JNB-CDG and I was not impressed.

I am flying from/to AMM in October and tix with connecting flights CDG-USA are about $400-$600 less on AF. So my question is....what has your experience been like on TATL flights on AF in economy?

I am asking here before booking because frankly some of the PE agents are completely clueless. Two days ago I needed help booking a J class ticket to Europe. I asked the agent if she could find a DL flight with suites in J. She said she didn’t know what a suite was. So I had to explain to her the difference between a suite and a “regular” D1 seat, what the suite icon looked like, etc.

After I get some input here I will call DL about booking. Thanks in advance for your input! I feel certain this topic has been discussed before but I can’t find the info I need. Thank you again!