FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Official Delta 767-300ER Interior Mod Tracking Thread
Old Jan 3, 2020, 5:19 pm
GW McLintock
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by pbfoot
Why? Sure it's not great (terrible lounges, too-narrow boarding areas at many gates in C), but it's infinitely easier to get to from Manhattan by car. I've never had it take more than ~40min to get there from midtown and have multiple times almost missed flights out of JFK after it taking ~2hr via car. In my experience on-time performance isn't much worse than JFK, at least for high-priority flights like widebody transcon.

AA has the best lounge situation with Flagships, but terminals 4 and 8 aren't particularly nice otherwise.
The key word in your post is Manhattan. From Brooklyn, Queens (where I live), and arguably the east side of Manhattan, LGA and JFK are closer. Brooklyn and Queens are the most populous boroughs in NYC.

Depending on traffic, it takes me 12-20 minutes to get to LGA, 15-40 to JFK, and 60-100 (plus at least one toll) to EWR. Of course, that's just my situation; YMMV.

If UA flew to JFK with the 78X, they would give AA/DL/B6 a real run for their money.

-J.