FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Charged bag fee by BA for BA operated, AA marketed ticket
Old Jan 2, 2020, 10:13 am
Lomapaseo
In memoriam

Programs: DL 2MM, AA MM, DL Sky Club Life, AA Admirals Club Life, Hilton Gold Life
Originally Posted by VegasGambler
I know that the website is irrelevant -- your ticket is your contract and you are entitled to what's printed on it.

What I used to know but now can't remember is whether you go after the operating carrier or the ticketing carrier for the refund.

I think (from previous similar situations involving AA-ticketed AS-operated flights bought using an AA credit card, and the ticket -- probably incorrectly -- granting a free bag) that you go after the operating carrier for the refund. They are then free to go after the ticketing carrier for the money if they feel that the ticket should not have granted a free bag under their agreement -- that doesn't involve you. But my memory could be failing me here.
It's a fee, not a ticket charge, so it probably goes to the actual carrier and AA never sees any money coming to them other than the price of the ticket.

So go after BA the same as you would if they denied you a paid Day-f-departure upgraded seat