FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LH/LX/LO/OS/SN/OU economy class food
View Single Post
Old Jan 2, 2020, 6:44 am
R.O.

It's interesting this thread is so active. I mean, it's economy class. Every airline has the same options when it comes to catering (typically, an airport isn't served by more than two or three catering companies). Every airline has basically the same limited equipment to reheat food (convection ovens).
And costs matter a lot. An airline may spend an additional euro per pax on catering over another. But no airline will spend 5 euros per pax extra relative to the competition.

The catering is so similar. I often get the same pretzels on BA, DL, and LH. And the same second wrap, pizza, or flatbread for the second ("light") meal. The same roll with the first meal. Virtually undistinguishable mains and salads on the first meal, too.

The differences are SOOO MARGINAL. None of the pictures ITT make any difference to my booking decision. I know the food quality in eco is going to be poor regardless of the airline I choose. Sometimes you are more hungry or get lucky they have something corresponding better to your personal taste. But it seems to me, that happens to me with almost equal chance on every airline.