FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2020 United PQF/PQP/BIS Status Milestone Roll Call Thread
Old Jan 1, 2020, 10:40 am
UA_Flyer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
Post 2020 United PQF/PQP/BIS Status Milestone Roll Call Thread

We are well into the first day of 2020, which could means ua1flyer is bound to hit silver by the end of reading this sentence , so it's time for this year's Milestone thread.

This is going to be new and challenging this year. Gone are the PQD, PQM and PQS measurements. We are not going to be rewarded for distance or segments flown or fare based PQM (multiplier formula). It will all be about $pend! $pend! and $pend!

United is measuring us based on Premier qualifying flights (PQF) and Premier qualifying point (PQP).

The following tables illustrate the qualification requirements by Premier status level and Earning PQF and PQP on partner flights. For more details, please check https://mileageplusupdates.com.

I have been considering what is the best way to present milestones in 2020, and the best way I can come up with is using PQF and PQP supplemented with current year United Metal only BIS (optional information), which is still used to track lifetime and various MM status.

If you don’t know your cumulative BIS balance, simply access United.Com or United APP. The number is right there as of Dec 31, 2019. Mark that number down somewhere, and subtract that number from your any point in time balance in 2020, and that difference will be your year-to-date BIS.

Since United is awarding 20 PointsPlus for each 3,000 PQP, feel free to report your milestone in 3,000 PQP increment after you achieve 1K status.

If you're already a MMF, don't post that. This is intended for people who cross the mark in 2020. Use the existing MM thread for MM commentary.

Feel free to post:

Date on Which Milestone was Crossed

Route on Which It Was Crossed

Previous Status

New Status

Any other info, or back story relevant to achieving the new level, or want to thank FT.

Don't post "I'm close to" or " I have XXX PQF/PQP" - only post when you cross a threshold. Thanks. This is a roll-call thread, there shouldn't be any discussion other than congratulations to people crossing thresholds in order to keep the thread a decent size).

Please, no posts on "I haven't reached" a milestone, or any discussion NOT directly related to having recently crossed a milestone!!!

If you want to tell your story, there is a companion thread to this thread:

The 2020 “Who, When, Where, What and How” thread !

Here is last year's milestone numbers:

2019 United PQM/PQS/PQD Status Milestone Roll Call Thread

We are all learning to adjust to the changes in the Mileage Plus program including reporting of the Milestones. Please send me PM if you have any suggestions to make future Milestone thread to better reflect the milestones/status.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jan 1, 2020 at 12:37 pm