Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

2020 United PQF/PQP/BIS Status Milestone Roll Call Thread

2020 United PQF/PQP/BIS Status Milestone Roll Call Thread

Old Jan 1, 20, 11:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, SQ*PPS, AA*EXP, Hyatt*Globalist
Post 2020 United PQF/PQP/BIS Status Milestone Roll Call Thread

We are well into the first day of 2020, which could means ua1flyer is bound to hit silver by the end of reading this sentence , so it's time for this year's Milestone thread.

This is going to be new and challenging this year. Gone are the PQD, PQM and PQS measurements. We are not going to be rewarded for distance or segments flown or fare based PQM (multiplier formula). It will all be about $pend! $pend! and $pend!

United is measuring us based on Premier qualifying flights (PQF) and Premier qualifying point (PQP).

The following tables illustrate the qualification requirements by Premier status level and Earning PQF and PQP on partner flights. For more details, please check https://mileageplusupdates.com.

I have been considering what is the best way to present milestones in 2020, and the best way I can come up with is using PQF and PQP supplemented with current year United Metal only BIS (optional information), which is still used to track lifetime and various MM status.

If you don’t know your cumulative BIS balance, simply access United.Com or United APP. The number is right there as of Dec 31, 2019. Mark that number down somewhere, and subtract that number from your any point in time balance in 2020, and that difference will be your year-to-date BIS.

Since United is awarding 20 PointsPlus for each 3,000 PQP, feel free to report your milestone in 3,000 PQP increment after you achieve 1K status.

If you're already a MMF, don't post that. This is intended for people who cross the mark in 2020. Use the existing MM thread for MM commentary.

Feel free to post:

Date on Which Milestone was Crossed

Route on Which It Was Crossed

Previous Status

New Status

Any other info, or back story relevant to achieving the new level, or want to thank FT.

Don't post "I'm close to" or " I have XXX PQF/PQP" - only post when you cross a threshold. Thanks. This is a roll-call thread, there shouldn't be any discussion other than congratulations to people crossing thresholds in order to keep the thread a decent size).

Please, no posts on "I haven't reached" a milestone, or any discussion NOT directly related to having recently crossed a milestone!!!

If you want to tell your story, there is a companion thread to this thread:

The 2020 “Who, When, Where, What and How” thread !

Here is last year's milestone numbers:

2019 United PQM/PQS/PQD Status Milestone Roll Call Thread

We are all learning to adjust to the changes in the Mileage Plus program including reporting of the Milestones. Please send me PM if you have any suggestions to make future Milestone thread to better reflect the milestones/status.
SPN Lifer, wxguy and big V like this.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jan 1, 20 at 1:37 pm
Old Jan 3, 20, 9:24 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G; Marriott Bonvoy Gold; ALL Gold; Hertz PC
Passed 5k PQP thanks to FPQP application. At 7800 PQP with zero BIS
Old Jan 3, 20, 12:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by PsiFighter37 View Post
Passed 5k PQP thanks to FPQP application. At 7800 PQP with zero BIS
Probably still didn't beat Tom to Silver
drewguy and PsiFighter37 like this.
Old Jan 15, 20, 7:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, SQ*PPS, AA*EXP, Hyatt*Globalist
We are two weeks into 2020 and no reporting yet.
The new system of measuring "loyalty" is clearly impacting the milestones. (Silver, Gold, Platinum and 1K)
Old Jan 15, 20, 1:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond
5025 PQP
10 PQF

Requalified for Silver. Hooray.
ContinentalFan likes this.
Old Jan 16, 20, 7:07 pm

PQF 17
PQP 7618

i have PQP twice and the number is the same should the third one be PQD is there an error on the app any one else has this ?
Old Jan 17, 20, 7:55 am

Programs: UA 1K, Azul Diamante, Accor Platinum, Marriott Gold, Radisson Gold, Hilton Gold
Qualified for Silver, HKG-YVR (AC) Jan 14:
6,296 PQP
9 PQF
UA BIS: 8,586

Originally Posted by GSunitedloyal View Post
PQF 17
PQP 7618

i have PQP twice and the number is the same should the third one be PQD is there an error on the app any one else has this ?
The second PQP is just showing the requirement for PQP only. Note the PQF+PQP (18,000) or PQP (24,000):

Old Jan 17, 20, 9:56 am

Programs: United Global Services 2MM, Marriott Ambassador, AMEX Platinum, Global Entry/NEXUS
1/13/2020: SFO —> CDG
PQP: 6,284
PQF: 4
UA BIS: 9,544

1/17/2020: CDG —> SFO
PQP: 10,687
PQF: 5
UA BIS: 15,127

2020 Airports: CDG, DEN, HAM, LAX, LIH, SAN, SFO

Last edited by laughinlab2001; Jan 18, 20 at 10:36 pm
Old Jan 20, 20, 8:29 am

Slid into 1K by PQP alone on 1/19. At least this year the new system will work to my advantage, but not sustainable long-term.
Old Jan 20, 20, 11:09 am

Originally Posted by jnb_tx View Post
Slid into 1K by PQP alone on 1/19. At least this year the new system will work to my advantage, but not sustainable long-term.
With 18k or 24k?

I think it is possible to get 54 PQF in 19 days, or it theoretically is, anyway.
Old Jan 20, 20, 11:55 am

Programs: United Mileage Plus - 1K
Originally Posted by fumje View Post
With 18k or 24k?

I think it is possible to get 54 PQF in 19 days, or it theoretically is, anyway.
OP specified PQP alone so probably 24k in spend.

Even if you're really going, lets say three flights a day (out and back to a different city averaging one hub connection) you'd be at 39 PQFs today accounting for working M-F and taking new years off.
Old Jan 20, 20, 12:08 pm

Originally Posted by rj_flyer View Post
OP specified PQP alone so probably 24k in spend.

Even if you're really going, lets say three flights a day (out and back to a different city averaging one hub connection) you'd be at 39 PQFs today accounting for working M-F and taking new years off.
Oops, missed the 'alone'.
Old Jan 20, 20, 10:03 pm

Programs: UA MM
Went MM last week, anonited my wife gold, and have zero plans to care further in the foreseeable future. *G and, well, that's effectively the endpoint.

The last 200k were like a slow-mo shot compared to the first 800....
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jan 21, 20, 5:57 am

24 PQF and 11604 PQP is it taking longer people to reach milestone under the new way of qualifying for status ?
Old Jan 23, 20, 7:33 am
LIH

Programs: UA GS 1.4MM UC | Bonvoy Plat | Hertz 5*PC
Crossed 5K PQP LAX > ORD yesterday.

PQP: 5.5K
PQF: 8
BIS: 9.8K

Easily the fastest I have "made" silver as my 200-250K PQM in previous years are pretty evenly distributed throughout the year. Likewise under the even older more BIS-centric model.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: