FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DYKWIA | 2020/21 edition
View Single Post
Old Jan 1, 2020, 4:30 am
Flexible preferences

Originally Posted by jwhite9185
I'll start us off.

It's more a case of advice needed as to who was the DYKWIA.

Boarding at Stockholm yesterday, and it was gate lice central. The flight was a little delayed so there was a bit of waiting around involved too. Rather large woman was stood nearest the boarding door, and certainly giving me the evil eye on more than a few occasions. I saw from her boarding pass she had group 1. Group 1 was called and I made my way forwards, letting her go first as I could see that she was entitled to actually be there.

She wasn't happy with this though and she was straight in there saying "THERES A QUEUE YOU KNOW".

(Reality was, it was a mess as opposed to any form of queue)

Now, what I should have said was something along the lines of, yes, but they have just called group 1 and I'm pretty sure this whole mass of people doesn't hold group 1 boarding.

What actually happened was I came across as a bit of an arse by saying, yes, I know, and I've been waiting here at the front a lot longer than the people who have just rolled up at the back.

Her response was "BUT THERES A QUEUE AND YOU'RE NOT IN IT"

I couldn't be bothered to converse any more with her. Group boarding wasn't enforced at all, as from seeing a few more boarding passes ahead of me, there was a few group 4's in there.
Difficult one this, I guess it partly depends on whether the others present were in a 'queue' (her) or 'mess' (you) or where in between. In any event seems like she over-reacted. Good call letting it go imo.