FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Emerald Executive SAN (San Diego)BEWARE!!!!
Old Dec 29, 2019, 12:45 am
storewanderer

Programs: National Executive, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Visitor
Once returning at SAN, I returned a car after I drove it into a curiously tall curb when parking on a hill in La Jolla. There was a giant dent in the front of the car. It was very ugly. Very visible. The return clerk marked me as no damage and gave me the receipt. I pointed out the damage to him (yeah, I know...) because I just wanted to get the claim process going with my credit card and get it over with. I damaged the car and it was significant damage in my opinion. Something I would have to get fixed had it been my personal car. Since he had already checked me in and marked no damage in the system, instead he filled out some other kind of express incident form and gave me that so I would have something to submit over to the credit card. But I got the impression he would have rather I not pointed out the damage.

It took a good six weeks before they finally sent me a payment notice and I was able to submit that last piece of documentation to the credit card so they could pay it.

Oddly the damage was less than $400. They got the repair done all the way out in El Cajon. I was quite impressed with the low repair cost given the magnitude of the damage.