FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - QF- no checking of luggage separate itineraries from 1 Sep [2016 some exceptions]
Old Dec 28, 2019, 4:54 pm
Mwenenzi
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by braiden9
I am flying QF BNE to HKG on a revenue ticket and then BA HKG to LHR on an award ticket (booked on BAEC). Will the exemption for a mixed award / revenue apply? I am hoping in BNE QF will check my bags through to LHR.
Phileas was successful interlining on a QF award (BAEC avios?) ZQN SYD to a QR flight SYD-DOH, as below. (SYD airport thread)
Best to print out the QF rules. How much time in HKG if QF will not interline?

Originally Posted by Phileas
I have a question concerning the existence of a transfer desk for an international connection. I am arriving in SYD from ZQN on a QF flight (award ticket) and continuing on QR with 2 different bookings. As the first flight is an award flight, the QF exception should apply and I should be able to through check my luggage in ZQN. However, I just did the OLCI on QR and got the classical problem with them that I am checked-in but they did not send the boarding passes and I am asked to get them at the airport. I am flying to Canada on a Canadian passport, but it does not seem to matter to them... So I was wondering if there is any chance I can get my boarding passes without having to go through customs and going to QR check-in counter?
Originally Posted by Phileas
Thanks for all the feedback, really appreciated. Currently in the lounge at ZQN. It took some convincing to get the staff to acknowledge that we had the right to through check the luggage, but once they confirmed it with QF in AKL, they went out of their way to make it work. It took more than one hour for them, but in the end, they through checked the bags. On top of that, without having me to ask, they felt bad that we would have to go through customs in SYD, so they arranged to have someone meet with me at the arrival gate to give me a boarding pass so I can directly go to the lounge. Let's hope it goes as expected in SYD...