FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta Damaged My Suitcase - Any Experience With the Process?
Old Dec 26, 2019, 8:49 am
lost_perspicacity

Programs: Delta Gold, Marriott Platinum, Former Amtrak Select, Former Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by AeRoSpaceman
Of course if it is a few years old but after one or two trips I would be upset from significant damage (unless of course it was a manufacturer defect).

Don't doubt you one bit on this and I heard a fellow traveler mention this but haven't searched for confirmation. If you or anyone can find anything to post more on this it would be great. I will search as well.
https://www.transportation.gov/airco...uidance-112415

The Enforcement Office considers categorical exclusions for damage to specific parts of the checked baggage to be arbitrary limitations of liability in violation of Part 254. Although carriers are not required to cover fair wear and tear, damage to handles, straps, wheels and zippers often extends beyond what is appropriately categorized as fair wear and tear resulting from ordinary handling of baggage. In such cases, carriers should be prepared to reimburse the passenger appropriately.