FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Thinking of switching to Delta
View Single Post
Old Dec 23, 2019, 4:45 pm
synzero

Programs: American Express Platinum, Chase Sapphire Reserve
Originally Posted by GW McLintock
So you mean the EatUp Cafe food, which is available on most flights over 4 hours at this point. I was confused at first when you were talking about "food on [Mint] planes." I like some of it, but all of that food is so extremely unhealthy I do my best to avoid it. Look at the nutrition facts at your own risk.

The Mint planes are not getting an IFE upgrade. All planes with LTV4 (the 321, 32S, and 32M Phase 1) will keep what they have for the foreseeable future.

I wouldn't blame you if you switched to Delta. Their bigger network is their biggest advantage, as well as for the most part being very reliable and on-time (compared to JetBlue, where on-time performance is more of a running gag).

guv1976 has a really great point about flying AA and crediting to Iberia. AA flies the A321 in their Transcon config on LAX-JFK with only 102 seats on the plane and six (!) flight attendants. I flew them once in MCE and it was fantastic. They have limited food options, but their food is free onboard! (Delta is also free from my understanding, but the fast track to getting at least MCE would be nice if you fly a lot.)

-J.
When Mint was first introduced they had a different (and very good) food menu in economy than other domestic B6 planes. I guess that’s no longer the case and it’s just “Eat Up Cafe”.

According to Seat Guru domestic Delta is 31-32” in economy. That is worrisome.

As for AA that is an amazing trick. I am very loathe to fly them for many reasons but if it’s that easy to get status maybe it’s worth it. I have to look into that.