FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Currently delayed by 69 hours - compensation granted (to merge)
Old Dec 23, 2019, 2:34 pm
mvoight
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by NotReallyMyThing
I can't speak to what happened to ticket prices in the EU as a result of EC261 but have you seen how stupidly cheap it is to travel via air intra-Europe? Ryanair and Easy cost less than Spirit, Allegiant, and Frontier mile-for-mile. BA and LH cost less than AA and UA mile-for-mile. It's no contest whatsoever in my experience for shorthaul pricing. Harder to get a gauge on longhaul comparisons because all of the JVs mean prices are effectively the same on routes where they would "compete".

Nanny Brussels has ultimately produced a cheaper experience and cold-hard cash-money when it all goes wrong or at least a hotel during "extraordinary circumstances". More than happy to invite her over to the US as well after many a hellish night spent in the DFW area without so much as a peep of meaningful compensation from AA.
I predict BA will save a lot of money after BREXIT is final, as it will then only have to deal with EU261 only on flights to EU countries.
Other carriers which travel to/from UK will also save money, including AA