FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Has anyone ever received a suite upgrade from Marriott?
Old Dec 23, 2019, 2:02 pm
JW6130

Originally Posted by Cathay Dragon 666
I've once overheard a US-based property frontdesk manager said to her staff that "we don't upgrade Platinums to suites, ever." Not sure if she meant they only upgrade Ambassador or Titaniums, or it's Platinum or above. I'm Titanium and I didn't get an upgrade during that stay, app shows availability for junior suites.

But to be fair, I guess I'll mention, I was impressed with Boston Sheraton. I got an "double-upgrade" when I book two rooms (one for my colleague). Both of us got a big suite. Kudos to Boston Sheraton!
My experience is similar to the rest of this thread. For most of my stays with available suites, Marriott never offers an upgrade. Since the merger, I have to beg and grovel even for a regular room on the top floor as a Lifetime Titanium guest. It never used to be that way--I used to be pretty much assured of top floor, with some suites if availability was decent.

I've got 8+ nights booked at Hyatt in January thus far. Trying something new, as I had really good experiences with Hyatt in 2019 a low-level Elite.