FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Thinking of switching to Delta
View Single Post
Old Dec 23, 2019, 1:59 pm
guv1976
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by synzero
My main consideration is I need enough legroom in coach to work on my laptop (32” absolute minimum), WiFi needs to work, and food quality (either onboard or in the terminal to go) and IFE are also factors. Lounge access is also important; I’ve been doing Centurion in SFO then walking across to JetBlue, which to me is worth the 10 minute walk, but Delta SkyClub is appealing.
If you want a guaranteed 32" pitch with a "regular" Coach seat, I'm pretty sure that you need to keep flying JetBlue.

How do you feel about flying AA? Assuming that you purchase non-discounted Coach, four LAX-JFK AA round-trips credited to Iberia would get you oneworld Ruby status, which would entitle you to free Main Cabin Extra (34" seat pitch) seats on AA at T-24 -- if any such seats are still available. It would also entitle you to free, same-day standby, a free checked bag, and priority boarding.

After eight such round-trips credited to IB, you would have oneworld Sapphire status, which would entitle you to select MCE seats for free at time of booking, along with Admirals Club access -- even when flying AA domestically.