FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Holidays - minor as sole traveller?
View Single Post
Old Dec 22, 2019, 11:24 am
polemarch

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
OP has not helped themselves to get accurate answers by changing the entire premise of the post.
Thanks for the feedback. After a couple of days, my original post had numerous views but no responses - I concluded that the lengthy post and complex situation were behind this.

Having now made alternative accommodation plans, I only need to understand if it would be possible to use the flight element of a BAH booking (for a minor, the sole passenger on that booking), and sacrifice/abandon the room element. My edited post seeks to simplify and clarify this as it is now the crux of my question.

Can I make a BAH flight+hotel package for a minor, fudge the year of birth to process the booking, and have them present themselves at checkin assuming the agent will just swipe their passport and update the DOB (with no intention of using the hotel element of the package). I can't imagine that the flight booking would have any age 'tag' on it, and that taking the flights by themselves would be fine, but I want to know if anyone has experience of doing this (since we know that BAH bookings can be cheaper than flight only bookings, I am sure some enterprising soul has tried it!)

Thanks!

Thanks