FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA International First: What's up (why are some complaining?)
Old Dec 22, 2019, 6:08 am
fotographer

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by dave_261
Interesting you point this out. I had the exact scenario on DFW-HKG last month. Primary FA was cold (almost militant), and service felt very economy-like to me. Relief FA was warm, smiled a lot, VERY eager to provide service. Even when she was in the galley reading, she always welcomed me as soon as she saw me. Was night and day.

To address the initial point. In a way, it's unfair to compare (for example) Cathay First to AA First. They are different airlines, with different rules/unions/laws/management teams/etc. However, it's clear that with so few Flagship First Class routes, American should either commit to making them something truly special, or simply refit the 77W cabins and go without first on any international routes.

Can you imagine a scenario where an AA flight attendant felt special being selected for a Flagship First flight (sort of like an NFL ref being picked to ref the Super Bowl)? Instead, it feels like its a chore for staff who are simply riding out their careers until they can retire.
I have done Cathay F a few times... their service is almost over the top.. and I dont ever expect that from AA (sad but true), but regardless of how I got to seat in F,
at least a service on board that is supposed to represent AA finest... I sometimes think that the FA in F, tend of treat us, like we are spoiled brats, for whom money is not a issue.
The last trip I took (3 weeks ago) was the worst...now my wife and I are by far the least demanding , when traveling.. . but when you (the FA) are walking thru the cabin.. stop to refill you buddies drink, and yet see my glass in empty and has been for a long
time, but dont stop to ask if I would like a refill .. that is a bit much..

I think all of us, can agree .. this is not AA finest in any means.... now lets all go enjoy our Christmas