Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA International First: What's up (why are some complaining?)

AA International First: What's up (why are some complaining?)

Old Dec 22, 19, 12:51 pm

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K View Post
1) This thread is just rehashing the same old story that we've heard for years.
2) This thread is doing just what the disturbed (from the flight - no reference to any mental condition) author of the clickbait intended. More clicks.
3) Reading an article regarding how water is (usually) wet and the sky is (usually) blue when clear during the daytime has as much information that I will learn as the article.
4) Review #2 , supra. He'll be able to take more disappointing trips the more we click, and we'll get to hear about them. Pretty Lucky, if you ask me!
I despite all the miles/points bloggers. They destroy the miles game, blow up mistake fares and in general seem like pretty lousy people, but in this case i'm OK with it. Maybe (unlikely) if enough people pile on AA for being terrible and it prompts people to book away they'll try to offer a less horrible product.
Old Dec 22, 19, 1:18 pm

Programs: AA CK
Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet View Post
I despite all the miles/points bloggers. They destroy the miles game, blow up mistake fares and in general seem like pretty lousy people, but in this case i'm OK with it. Maybe (unlikely) if enough people pile on AA for being terrible and it prompts people to book away they'll try to offer a less horrible product.
I have to believe that the right people in AA management understand the deficiencies of the airline. To some extent, AA is focusing on the 'easy' things within their control: upgraded lounges, Casper bedding, amenity kits, improved wifi, wine selection, etc. However, the biggest grumbles here- and the ones which generally differentiate the top airlines from AA, are around FA behavior. I'm sure management would like to fix this, but they seem absolutely powerless to impact change for a large chunk of the more 'seasoned' (aka 'tenured') FA's who either 1) missed the whole customer service revolution, or 2) know there will almost never be ramifications to their job performance and thus are not motivated to change.
flyalways likes this.
Old Dec 22, 19, 1:30 pm

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by dave_261 View Post
I have to believe that the right people in AA management understand the deficiencies of the airline. To some extent, AA is focusing on the 'easy' things within their control: upgraded lounges, Casper bedding, amenity kits, improved wifi, wine selection, etc. However, the biggest grumbles here- and the ones which generally differentiate the top airlines from AA, are around FA behavior. I'm sure management would like to fix this, but they seem absolutely powerless to impact change for a large chunk of the more 'seasoned' (aka 'tenured') FA's who either 1) missed the whole customer service revolution, or 2) know there will almost never be ramifications to their job performance and thus are not motivated to change.
I honestly don't even care that much about the FA's. The upgraded lounges and bedding are nice, as are the PJs. They just need a better actual seat that's more comfortable and more private and better quality catering. Great seat, great food and the FAs can spend 90% of the flight gossiping somewhere, as long as their chatter doesn't keep me awake.
Old Dec 22, 19, 2:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador | Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by dave_261 View Post
But AA doesnt have leadership with the ability to try to change things. Qantas was the same old shitshow until Alan Joyce basically broke the back of the problems and forced change.
Old Dec 22, 19, 3:52 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, TAP, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback, and The Suggestion Box

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Posts about bloggers and how one feels about bloggers are dilatory and off topic; they will be deleted.

Old Dec 22, 19, 4:17 pm
Used to be 'Travelergcp'

Programs: AA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Plat
It’s a tough problem to solve. Can you imagine running a restaurant with an aging, all-union staff, service included in the price, and essentially no way to discipline or remove staff for service shortfalls? That’s essentially long haul on the US3.

I’ve flown the product, and it’s nice enough. I’m also sort of used to managing my expectations.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: