FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Whistleblower: TSA reduced wait time by relaxing security measures
Old Dec 21, 2019, 3:37 pm
Carl Johnson

Programs: Delta TDK(or care)WIA, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Boggie Dog
Not sure how much stock to put in this CNN story. A fairly senior TSA employee is claiming that several steps have been taken to speed up check point screening, all of which are increasing threats to travelers. The one claim that doesn't hold water in my opinion. To say that the country is due for an attack makes it sound like an attack at some point is assured. I don't think that's the case, not saying it couldn't happen but very few things are guaranteed.

TSA reduced wait time by relaxing security measures, whistleblower says

There has to be a balance between checkpoint flow and security, I think almost everyone would agree with that point.. However, if everyone was patted down and all bags hand searched commercial air travel would be greatly reduced and I bet few want that to happen.
The TSA misses 95% of weapons, explosives, and incendiaries while they are looking for water and watching to see if people are whistling or exhibiting contempt for the screening process. There is no chance that the TSA could prevent a concerted, planned terrorist attack. The TSA believes that intrusiveness=security, and that not knowing what a NEXUS card is and refusing to look at the list of valid IDs enhances security. Intrusiveness does not equal security, but being intrusive is all the TSA knows how to do.

Originally Posted by catocony
Kansas is the top target of all true terrorists.
I thought it was Kansas City because they have some crazy little women there.

Last edited by TWA884; Dec 21, 2019 at 4:29 pm Reason: Merge consecutive posts by the same member; please use the multi-quote function. Thank you.