FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 50k cert posts, but not 35k?
View Single Post
Old Dec 19, 2019, 8:38 am
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LDNConsultant
You would have to call AMEX but the weird thing is my Chase and AMEX cards have the same cycle but Chase posted 1 week after the anniversary and AMEX about 5 weeks after. When I called AMEX in regards to the 35k certificate they did state that you will receive it as per the T&C but there is no way they can expedite it.
The 2 banks have completely different handling in posting the respective FN certs.

Chase sends the request to Marriott around the date of the anniversary which may or may not, and often not, corresponding to the AF posting which is always the first of the month of anniversary. Chase also does not require you to pay the AF before getting the FN cert.

AMEX on the other hand, would bill the AF on the statement date of your anniversary month. Then it would only send the request to Marriott, on the 2nd or even 3rd statement after AF billed, AND you have paid the AF. The quickest I have seen is, your AF billed on statement date. You paid it the next day (the billing cycle after the AF billed). The FN shows up on the 2nd of the following month - about 4 to 5 weeks from the AF is billed and paid.