50k cert posts, but not 35k?

Old Dec 17, 19, 3:41 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Many
50k cert posts, but not 35k?

Both cards have same anniv, the 50k cert posted to my account but not the 35k, give it another cycle or call Bonvoy?
Old Dec 17, 19, 4:23 pm

Programs: DL: Platinum, UA: Silver, Hyatt: Globalist and Marriott: LF Titanium Elite & Ambassador
You would have to call AMEX but the weird thing is my Chase and AMEX cards have the same cycle but Chase posted 1 week after the anniversary and AMEX about 5 weeks after. When I called AMEX in regards to the 35k certificate they did state that you will receive it as per the T&C but there is no way they can expedite it.
Old Dec 17, 19, 4:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Mine took 13 weeks at which point, still not having posted, I forced the issue
Old Dec 17, 19, 5:17 pm

Originally Posted by LDNConsultant View Post
You would have to call AMEX but the weird thing is my Chase and AMEX cards have the same cycle but Chase posted 1 week after the anniversary and AMEX about 5 weeks after. When I called AMEX in regards to the 35k certificate they did state that you will receive it as per the T&C but there is no way they can expedite it.
There's a way they can expedite it. They just don't want to.
Old Dec 18, 19, 9:17 am

Programs: DL: Platinum, UA: Silver, Hyatt: Globalist and Marriott: LF Titanium Elite & Ambassador
Originally Posted by UserMark View Post
There's a way they can expedite it. They just don't want to.
Good to know for next year!!
Old Dec 18, 19, 10:05 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Gold, Marriott LT Titanium, Hilton ♢, IHG Plat, Hyatt Disc, Radisson Gold, Hertz PC
I received my 35k cert today (~8 weeks after receiving the email that I would receive it within 8-12 weeks).
Old Dec 18, 19, 1:40 pm

What card earns a 50,000 certificate?
Old Dec 18, 19, 8:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Noir, TR 7*, Marriott Tit, UA Gold
Originally Posted by rstidolph View Post
The AMEX Bonvoy Brilliant.
Old Dec 18, 19, 10:13 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by rstidolph View Post
The Ritz-Carlton Visa.
Old Dec 19, 19, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LDNConsultant View Post
The 2 banks have completely different handling in posting the respective FN certs.

Chase sends the request to Marriott around the date of the anniversary which may or may not, and often not, corresponding to the AF posting which is always the first of the month of anniversary. Chase also does not require you to pay the AF before getting the FN cert.

AMEX on the other hand, would bill the AF on the statement date of your anniversary month. Then it would only send the request to Marriott, on the 2nd or even 3rd statement after AF billed, AND you have paid the AF. The quickest I have seen is, your AF billed on statement date. You paid it the next day (the billing cycle after the AF billed). The FN shows up on the 2nd of the following month - about 4 to 5 weeks from the AF is billed and paid.
Old Dec 20, 19, 3:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E50, Marriott LT Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Happy View Post

Chase sends the request to Marriott around the date of the anniversary which may or may not, and often not, corresponding to the AF posting which is always the first of the month of anniversary. Chase also does not require you to pay the AF before getting the FN cert..
What? I applied for a Chase Visa about 4 months ago and paid the annual fee. I was told I don’t get my free night until the year is up. Can I quote you on that when I call to complain?
Old Dec 20, 19, 7:08 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Many
Both cards are AMEX. One if the Bonvoy Brilliant, the other is a Bonvoy Business card.
Old Dec 20, 19, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by margarita girl View Post
What? I applied for a Chase Visa about 4 months ago and paid the annual fee. I was told I donít get my free night until the year is up. Can I quote you on that when I call to complain?
The FN cert is called ANNIVERSARY FN Cert. Did you miss the word "anniversary" in the post, which you can freely quote but will still be told the cert is issued at Anniversary - i.e. when one year of your card membership is up.

What I was talking about, was for the different practices in posting of anniversary FN Cert. As far as I know, there is No BonVoy card that gives FN cert upon application before the first anniversary is up. Hilton on the other hand, does have at least a card that the free weekend night cert is part of the sign up bonus/benefit.

When you reach your anniversary, if Chase has not changed to become like AMEX, then the mechanism works exactly as described.
Who knows? Chase may find it is better to change it to AMEX mechanism so to ensure the AF is paid before issuing the Anniversary FN. As of now you can freely cancel your card after the Anniversary FN posted and get the AF reversed if the cancellation is within 30 days of the AF being billed, but the cert still stays in your account.
AMEX would not have anything to do with that practice, obviously.
margarita girl likes this.

Last edited by Happy; Dec 20, 19 at 11:43 am

Search this Thread
Search Engine: