FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA Codeshare Booking - Checked Baggage Allowance Discrepancy
Old Dec 17, 2019, 2:04 pm
MrM2016

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Gold, United Silver, BA Bronze
Originally Posted by Often1
For those who have not memorized the AA schedule, this is the LHR-MIA service.

What matters is the allowance printed on your e-ticket receipt, not an itinerary or other document.

US law provides that for tickets originating in or destined to the US, the baggage allowance of the marketing -- not operating -- carrier of the first segment, applies to all segments of the same ticket. While it is more than probable that BA is the marketing carrier and thus the BA allowance applies, it is worth asking your TA as it is always possible that it ticketed otherwise, in which case the AA allowance (or non-allowance) as the case may be applied.

I
The ticket is booked as BA ticket isn't it? Hence the e-ticket number starting with 125 and it being booked on the BA codeshare of the AA flight. So I believe it's clear they're the marketing carrier.

My take away is that the e-ticket trumps everything else, so I will take this with me to bag drop at LHR and be prepared for a discussion with the agent when they inevitably try and charge me a fee. Thanks for the help, everyone.