FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BOS expansion
Thread: BOS expansion
View Single Post
Old Dec 16, 2019, 8:45 am
GW McLintock
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by dtremit
This isn't new service (though the press release isn't that clear) -- they're just increasing from 6x daily to 10x.

I can't speak to DL because I haven't taken their shuttle service in years, but the differentiation in AA's shuttle product has been reduced to the point of being meaningless. AFAIK any flight change leniency is long gone, and the difference between AA shuttle check-in and B6 standard check-in is only ten minutes. And B6 has the MAT at LGA now, which is a big plus.

They could learn some lessons from their competitors on gate assignment, though; walking past a Syracuse-bound E190 at C26 to catch a "shuttle" flight at C32 is annoying.
I know... even now most of the shuttles are empty. I guess they are hoping that by having extra flights, it will appeal more.

In Boston, the LGA flights always used to be out of C11 or C12... I felt that was a big benefit. It's disappointing that it appears to no longer be the case.

-J.