FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Everything You need to know about booking Star Alliance awards with Miles&Smiles
Old Dec 14, 2019, 10:33 am
moops380

Originally Posted by Tifosi
Trying to book a *A award to use up some miles expiring this month. The online tool is still very buggy and showed no availability. I called the call centre, who told me they can't book it and that I'd do it at the ticket office. I emailed the nearest ticket office who told me that they can't do it and I'd have to call the call centre. Great. After some frustrating back and forth I finally got the ticket office to agree that they could book it and that my route was valid, at which point they said that they couldn't see any availability. I've verified on both the AC and UA sites that there is award availability on those flights. Not sure what my options are now. Has anyone had a similar issue recently? Any suggestions?
Email the LAX office R[email protected] . I have had success twice in the past month, and no failure. You will have to call in to make the payment and somehow that will take 15-20 minutes as they reconfirm everything. I just copied and pasted X space from united.com.

Hello,

Iím emailing to inquire about a Star Alliance award booking. As it is not possible to book this award online, Iím hoping you can confirm the number of miles required and any associated taxes or surcharges on the following itinerary:

Passenger: Jane Doe
Miles & Smiles Number: TK00000000 (account of Joe Doe)
Date: Dec 11, 2019
Class: Economy (X) all segments
Origin: CLE
Destination: SBA
Segments:
1) Cleveland, OH, US (CLE) to Chicago, IL, US (ORD)
7:40 am - 8:05 am (1h 25m)
UA 1270
2) Chicago, IL, US (ORD) to Los Angeles, CA, US (LAX)

10:11 am - 12:40 pm (4h 29m)
UA 531
3)Los Angeles, CA, US (LAX) to Santa Barbara, CA, US (SBA)
2:40 pm - 3:32 pm (52m)
UA 5503

Again, Iím looking for both the number of miles required and the total cost of any taxes. Would like to make the booking ASAP.

I really appreciate your assistance!

Sincerely,
Joe