FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Owned Brands not in Brand Explorer
View Single Post
Old Dec 13, 2019, 12:26 am
Matt4200

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by khabah
Jaya is a brand conceived by the late Indonesian designer Jaya Ibrahim, who worked on hotels as The Dharmawangsa in Jakarta and The Legian in Bali, and plans were temporarily scuttled upon his passing in 2015. Two Roads Hospitality picked the plans up in 2017 and announced the launch of the brand as a high-end, 'discreet Asian luxury' offering with plans to open the first hotel in Lombok in 2020. If Jaya still exists, then it should be part of the Hyatt portfolio because of the TRH acquisition and just like tommie, we haven't heard much from or seen it yet because it has yet to launch - although the first tommie is opening in Hollywood in 2020, and the second property in Austin launches in 2021.

khabah
Thank you for the update, I honestly tried searching everywhere for the brands but found very little. I guess you have to have known earlier on to know about where they stand at this point.

I was just thrown off a bit by this press release by Hyatt,

”Hyatt Hotels Corporation, headquartered in Chicago, is a leading global hospitality company with a portfolio of 20 premier brands. As of September 30, 2019, the Company's portfolio included more than  875  properties in over 60 countries across six continents.”

Hyatt Centric Reykjavík [2022] - MASTER THREAD

Definitely would be nice to have more brands to try out, along with adding to the Brand Explorer.