Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Owned Brands not in Brand Explorer

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2019, 10:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond

After reading a thread mentioning the brand “tommie” apparently is a Hyatt owned brand I became curious. Which then lead me to reading that Hyatt owns another hotel brand called Jaya. I’m wondering why these aren’t in Hyatt’s Brand Explorer, and more than that how do I find these properties to book?

jchiguy1 likes this.
Old Dec 12, 2019, 11:59 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Jaya is a brand conceived by the late Indonesian designer Jaya Ibrahim, who worked on hotels as The Dharmawangsa in Jakarta and The Legian in Bali, and plans were temporarily scuttled upon his passing in 2015. Two Roads Hospitality picked the plans up in 2017 and announced the launch of the brand as a high-end, 'discreet Asian luxury' offering with plans to open the first hotel in Lombok in 2020. If Jaya still exists, then it should be part of the Hyatt portfolio because of the TRH acquisition and just like tommie, we haven't heard much from or seen it yet because it has yet to launch - although the first tommie is opening in Hollywood in 2020, and the second property in Austin launches in 2021.

khabah
Old Dec 13, 2019, 12:26 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by khabah
Jaya is a brand conceived by the late Indonesian designer Jaya Ibrahim, who worked on hotels as The Dharmawangsa in Jakarta and The Legian in Bali, and plans were temporarily scuttled upon his passing in 2015. Two Roads Hospitality picked the plans up in 2017 and announced the launch of the brand as a high-end, 'discreet Asian luxury' offering with plans to open the first hotel in Lombok in 2020. If Jaya still exists, then it should be part of the Hyatt portfolio because of the TRH acquisition and just like tommie, we haven't heard much from or seen it yet because it has yet to launch - although the first tommie is opening in Hollywood in 2020, and the second property in Austin launches in 2021.

khabah
Thank you for the update, I honestly tried searching everywhere for the brands but found very little. I guess you have to have known earlier on to know about where they stand at this point.

I was just thrown off a bit by this press release by Hyatt,

”Hyatt Hotels Corporation, headquartered in Chicago, is a leading global hospitality company with a portfolio of 20 premier brands. As of September 30, 2019, the Company's portfolio included more than  875  properties in over 60 countries across six continents.”

Hyatt Centric Reykjavík [2022] - MASTER THREAD

Definitely would be nice to have more brands to try out, along with adding to the Brand Explorer.
Old Dec 16, 2019, 1:28 am
Original Poster

I guess Hyatt’s Global Contact center reached out to an Admin who shared contact with me stating Jaya is not and will not be a Hyatt Brand. They said the site the information was posted on was false/old information.
Old Dec 16, 2019, 6:25 pm

Programs: Hyatt / SPG
Exhale Spa, isn't on the brand explorer list either. I was hoping to use this to hit my 10th brand to earn a free award night
Old Dec 16, 2019, 7:45 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Star_Guy
Exhale Spa, isn't on the brand explorer list either. I was hoping to use this to hit my 10th brand to earn a free award night
Yeah, I’m guessing that’s because it’s a spa so what would qualify as spending a night there?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.