FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 25% default tip !
View Single Post
Old Dec 12, 2019, 9:21 pm
corky
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I hate when the server keeps interrupting the conversation to ask whether everything is OK, etc.

If someone chooses not to finish a meal, the server shouldn't call attention to this fact. It can be very awkward.

My pet peeve is when servers remove plates before everyone has finished the course, or worse, distributes menus for dessert when some haven't finished their main course. Usually I refuse then to order dessert and tell them why.
Keeps interrupting?? How many times are they asking you? I think maybe twice is the most I have had...usually, when the plates are first put down they will look around the table and ask if anyone needs anything. Sometimes a runner brings the food so I appreciate the opportunity to ask for mayo or to say that I thought I was supposed to get xyz with dinner. I also have zero problem with them asking towards the end of the meal if everything was ok.
Not everyone will volunteer a problem with the food. If a waiter sees that you have barely touched your dish, I think they should ask if there was a problem and then you can tell them it was too salty or spicy or whatever.