FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Heathrow Terminal 2 Arrival Fast Track
View Single Post
Old Dec 12, 2019, 3:22 pm
scottishpoet

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by AirbusFan2B
Hopefully this is the right thread - arriving on Egyptair into LHR in business class at 12:35 & continuing to LAX on UA in Polaris business at 13:45. Ticket stock = UA. With 1h10m connection time, am I assuming correctly that bags can be checked thru to LAX from CAI and that there's expedited immigration on arrival (Fast Track)? We are both *G, one is EU citizen, and one is US citizen.
Is this one ticket or 2? If on 2 tickets your bags might not be checked through and, in my opinion, with a 1 hour 10 minute connection you will have no chance of getting your bags and rechecking them before bag drop closes. This would be an Egyptair decision.

If you are on one ticket then bags can be checked through.

If your bags are checked through then you will not need to go through immigration on arrival at LHR. You will have to clear transit security. I believe a t2 to T2 transit would have an MCT of 1 hour. If your inbound is no time you will have no problem making the connection and should be through security in the departures area around 20 to 30 minutes after disembarking.