Heathrow Terminal 2 Arrival Fast Track

Old Aug 18, 2016, 8:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BRK-B
Heathrow Terminal 2 Arrival Fast Track

Since Lufthansa doesn't hand out fast track to all of its passengers and I am not EU citizen, can I use TG's fast track card instead (but my flight arrives at 1240 not the same period with TG)?.

http://f.ptcdn.info/765/014/000/1390...12735101-o.jpg
Old Sep 14, 2016, 12:39 am

Programs: LH Sen, UA Plat
Fast Track at LHR T2

I flew business from FRA to LHR last night on LH and, as a U.S. citizen, I bolted to the immigration queue so I could get out quickly.

I saw the Fast Track lane and thought to myself that I should take that. I went and they refused to let me go through, saying that LH doesn't pay for this privilege (he did, however, have a long list of airlines that do).

Are you kidding me? How can LH not pay to give its customers fast track at LHR???
Old Sep 14, 2016, 12:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Good point. It does for departures and connections but not arrivals.

Fast Track

Perhaps tweet them if you do that sort of thing and ask, that seems to be the done thing these days.
Old Sep 14, 2016, 3:37 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
LH probably doesn't want to pay for Fast Track arrivals because most LH pax between FRA/MUC-LHR are EU who aren't eligible for Fast Track.
Old Sep 15, 2016, 1:56 am

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
LH probably doesn't want to pay for Fast Track arrivals because most LH pax between FRA/MUC-LHR are EU who aren't eligible for Fast Track.
...and who might not require fast track due to access to the eGates. 9 out of 10 times I have made it through passport control at LHR T2 in 5 minutes or less. Now, if only you could use your ID card with the eGates that would be perfect.

Maybe an alternative solution would be to allow pax that require a landing card to use fast track...
Old Sep 15, 2016, 10:07 am

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
I agree with the OP here, before I was eligible to use the UK/EU gates in London (I have an Australian passport) I found it incredibly irritating that on a paid First Class LH ticket they don't give London fast track for arrivals. A number of times it made me reconsider traveling on SQ or CX through Asia, as if you connect direct from LH779 or LH797, when you land at LHR T2 immigration is packed due to international arrivals.
Connecting for a superior product or preference for airline is inconvenient enough..
Old Sep 15, 2016, 11:19 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by cas_de
9 out of 10 times I have made it through passport control at LHR T2 in 5 minutes or less.
T2 passport control is so much faster especially if you can use the e-gates, regular travellers into T5 are known to go via Flight Connections to T2 and clear passport control there.
Old Sep 16, 2016, 8:14 am

How about if I arrive on a LH flight on a UA code-share business class ticket? Am I a UA or a LH passenger?
Old Sep 16, 2016, 10:40 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by kvan
How about if I arrive on a LH flight on a UA code-share business class ticket? Am I a UA or a LH passenger?
LH in terms of arrival Fast Track.
Old Sep 16, 2016, 1:16 pm

Programs: LH Sen, UA Plat
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
T2 passport control is so much faster especially if you can use the e-gates, regular travellers into T5 are known to go via Flight Connections to T2 and clear passport control there.

I can't use the e-gates as I have a US passport, and it's laughably stupid that I can't use fast-track when flying F or C on LH. With the hour I spend waiting in the regular queue+connection time, what's the point in flying LH when I can just deal with a marginally inferior C/F product on BA and get in direct????
Old Dec 12, 2019, 3:06 pm

Hopefully this is the right thread - arriving on Egyptair into LHR in business class at 12:35 & continuing to LAX on UA in Polaris business at 13:45. Ticket stock = UA. With 1h10m connection time, am I assuming correctly that bags can be checked thru to LAX from CAI and that there's expedited immigration on arrival (Fast Track)? We are both *G, one is EU citizen, and one is US citizen.
Old Dec 12, 2019, 3:22 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by AirbusFan2B
Hopefully this is the right thread - arriving on Egyptair into LHR in business class at 12:35 & continuing to LAX on UA in Polaris business at 13:45. Ticket stock = UA. With 1h10m connection time, am I assuming correctly that bags can be checked thru to LAX from CAI and that there's expedited immigration on arrival (Fast Track)? We are both *G, one is EU citizen, and one is US citizen.
Is this one ticket or 2? If on 2 tickets your bags might not be checked through and, in my opinion, with a 1 hour 10 minute connection you will have no chance of getting your bags and rechecking them before bag drop closes. This would be an Egyptair decision.

If you are on one ticket then bags can be checked through.

If your bags are checked through then you will not need to go through immigration on arrival at LHR. You will have to clear transit security. I believe a t2 to T2 transit would have an MCT of 1 hour. If your inbound is no time you will have no problem making the connection and should be through security in the departures area around 20 to 30 minutes after disembarking.
Old Dec 18, 2019, 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by scottishpoet
Is this one ticket or 2? If on 2 tickets your bags might not be checked through and, in my opinion, with a 1 hour 10 minute connection you will have no chance of getting your bags and rechecking them before bag drop closes. This would be an Egyptair decision.

If you are on one ticket then bags can be checked through.

If your bags are checked through then you will not need to go through immigration on arrival at LHR. You will have to clear transit security. I believe a t2 to T2 transit would have an MCT of 1 hour. If your inbound is no time you will have no problem making the connection and should be through security in the departures area around 20 to 30 minutes after disembarking.
Thank you so much. This is what I was hoping for. Its a single ticket so will insist in CAI on bags being checked thru to LAX. Will make beeline for transit security at LHR T2!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.