FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Scheduling Global Entry Interview
View Single Post
Old Dec 10, 2019, 6:31 pm
emcampbe
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by jamesbondc
I got $100 credit for Global Entry/TSA Pre check I believe when I got United credit card but now it's December and still I just get email if I fly abroad on my way back I can attend interview. If I don't fly overseas will they ever issue appointment?
very confused.

$100 credit has no relevance to an appointment, which is needed to get global entry. For more info on that, you’ll probably want to find an existing thread or start a new one in the Travel Safety and Security forum, which has a Trusted Traveller sub forum.

after applying to Global Entry, you get notified of an approval (or denial) once they’ve processed your application. If it’s an approval, you need to make an appointment for an interview, which you need to have before they allow you to be part of the program. Never used one, but I believe there is an office at some airport entry points where you can do your interview before you clear customs when returning back to the US - presumably no appointment needed - not sure the list, and while I can’t really understand much of your post, this kind of sounds like what you are asking about. The other way is to schedule an appointment at an office, which can be done online through the TTP website once your application is approved, no need for traveling at all. These are landslide at many airports.

also, if you don’t travel internationally, there is not really a point in applying for Global Entry. If you travel only domestically, Pre Check might be helpful, but that is a different process.

as for fee, when you apply, you need to submit payment with your online application. Once that charge hits your card, a credit should follow shortly after, and should be automatic. The credit can be used every 4 years (IIRC), so time of year you use it shouldn’t matter - as the membership is good for 5 years, so by the time you need to renew and pay again, you’ll have a new credit to use.