FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best elite options in Phuket or Bangkok?
View Single Post
Old Dec 10, 2019, 10:28 am
Dr. HFH
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by SHLTP
No sleaze? What are people smoking? I have no problem with BKK's nightlife and it certainly is not dangerous but if you don't want your kids seeing teenage hookers with usually much older men, you don't want to stay at Westin, SGS or JW where Street hookers are everywhere. I've stayed at the fat two with kids in tow & the kids were oblivious.

But if you don't want your kids to see that, then stay away from the areas the person outlined above. Patpong is a little hidden from LM but not really
Originally Posted by SHLTP
Nonsense? I think the nonsense is that kids can't tell a streethooker dolled up & standing on a street corner saying hi to every white man or Japanese/Korean dude that walks by from normal conservatively dressed Thai females.

I'm not sure where you live but seeing women and ladyboys in tight dresses with breast popping out and painted with massive amounts of make-up is not a normal sight for most kids.

If you don't want your kids to see that, then tourists shouldn't stay in those areas. And you are doing a disservice to the more conservative members here who might prefer Mandarin or Peninsula over a Marriott because one doesn't have hookers everywhere.

But JW, SGS, Westin it is impossible to shield
I wouldn't take kids to Pattaya, maybe. Presumably you wouldn't, either. But you think that Suk near Asok is as bad?