FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Messed up. Big time. Sitting at 54 qualifying nights, need 60 for globalists..
Old Dec 9, 2019, 11:33 am
broncophil

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, JB Mosaic, SW AList + CP
I normally stay and grand and park and Andaz. So I guess it would worth it.

My southwest cc is dec closing date. I figured it was the same with Hyatt?

can anyone confirm?

thanks

Originally Posted by TerryK
Isn't Hyatt credit night based on transaction date, instead of statement date?
Originally Posted by TrojanDomer
CC is based on transaction date, so could post in January and all work out (terms say may take 6-8 weeks to credit);
If you can find a cheap hotel locally I would probably jump on a mattress run; since still time to get in on 2x/3x points promo which if you find a $50-$75 Hyatt place would be worth the peace of mind personally vs. hoping for next $10,000-15,000 in spend to all post on time for 6 night credit.
See here for recent discussion on same topic
I believe you would need to check out before promo (Dec 15) to get extra points
As for worth it, I had to make the call and for me it was, since I will get at least $300 value from the T1-7 certificate and value the 2 extra TSU at probably conservatively $50-$100 each to use towards family vacations, and we would definitely save money from free breakfast, waived resort fees and free parking (award stays) and lounge access on trips to full service properties.
Originally Posted by Matt the Coffeeman
Totally agree that it's a trade off for how much you value the Globalist benefits. For me, I went for it last year when I recognized that I would be spending 9 days in Japan and 7 in Australia, with three people, which translated into almost $3k in free breakfasts at fancy Hyatts.
Originally Posted by Neric
What are your plans in 2020? What Hyatts will you be staying at.

Globalist makes a much bigger difference at Park Hyatt, Andaz, Some diff at Regency and Grand's and not much difference at HH and HP.

So it really depends upon where you plan to stay next year.