FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - HKG transit - lounge access with Amex Platinum and three guests
Old Dec 8, 2019, 7:04 pm
Chromie25

Programs: MP, BR
Originally Posted by bedelman
Tentseller, thanks -- that is sensible advice.

Chrome25, we are thinking about that. Just seems like a shame with our multiple lounge entitlements (those discussed above as well as airline elite status) -- very very close to all allowed to access, multiple ways, without charge. Separately, I'm not sure how much lounge access actually is worth to us -- to kids, who hardly eat and who enjoy running around the terminal at least as much as going to a lounge. USD10/person sounds low but it's all about the context.
I'm not a parent but would parents feel more "secure" knowing that their kids are hanging around in a "specific" area (i.e. the lounge) and not wander off to the point where the parents have to go chase them down? Also would the parents have a better peace of mind knowing that they can walk 30 secs to get food and beverage without worrying kids wandering off and out of their sight? The USD10 is on the assumption that you have to pay about USD30 for the extra person, and divide that by 4.