FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 5 nights in Tokyo, 5 nights in Osaka, where should we stay the last 3 nights
Old Dec 8, 2019, 12:54 pm
berlindave

Programs: AA EXP, Lifetime Platinum, 2.6M
Dear All, read through a lot of threads and there is obviously gazillions of tidbits to digest. I am going to Japan with wife for the first time end of Oct 2020 for right days. Based on the advice - as I have gleaned it - staying somewhere like the Claska might create transportation anxiety late at night or otherwise and we would be wise to pony up for the Andaz? The Claska style place is more our speed, but I bow to pragmatism. Also, we are beyond the point of slumming it *too*much on hotels and the Air BnB days are behind us. Whilst we would love to do a ryokan, it might be a lot of adventure for this jaunt. I admit this is a conclusion I am arriving at, in a bubble of only reading FT forums.

Happy to be flamethrowed, but would love anyone to weigh in on neighborhood if we are missing a Claska-type place. We want to go out at night even to explore, but aren't going to tear the town up or stagger out of a bar at 2 AM.

Devoted subway lovers, but would prefer to walk when possible. Will be focused on restaurants throughout, but as I understand it everywhere has choice and we enjoy an unspeakable bill from a high end place for one or two meals, but happy to eat in normal places that are really darn good for everything else. Also devoted to trying the kick ... places for lunch, too.

We are flying in and out of HND but that shouldnt be a factor inasmuch as we wont let a connection or extra 20 minutes on a train govern where we stay in Tokyo.