FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Missing Hamburger ...... Ouch!!!
View Single Post
Old Dec 7, 2019, 4:59 am
thijsseh
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by Ashok Khanna
Not excusing his behaviour, noone should treat others badly, but did Emirates really have to cheapen out on how many servings they keep on the plane — given the cost of an F ticket, surely they should be able keep enough to avoid these issues, instead of trying to model exactly the lowest amount of food they need to bring on board.

If this was J or Y I would understand not having my available option given margins can be quite thin there
To be fair, in my experience meal choice availability in any EK cabin is very much better than on any other carrier I have flown with. And strangely enough, the only time ever that my first choice was not immediately available was eggs benedict in F! The crew managed to find me the same from the J galley so all was fine. It would appear that on BA you only get your first choice (even in F) if you personally know Willy Walsh.

Mrs t once could not get her first choice in Y, whereupon she rang for the cabin supervisor, reminded him that he told her that as a Gold member she must tell him whenever she needed something and asked for her first meal choice. Which was then delivered to her.