FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - HKG transit - lounge access with Amex Platinum and three guests
Old Dec 7, 2019, 1:18 am
bedelman

HKG transit - lounge access with Amex Platinum and three guests

I'll soon be traveling through HKG with kids: me + another adult + two kids. Have one Amex Platinum card with its Priority Pass Select benefit, both in my name. Would like to get everyone into a lounge. But how? Notably, kids are too young to be left alone for any period, yet >2 years old (so they count as guests).

Can't all go to Amex Centurion lounge. That benefit is limited to two guests.

Can't all go to a Priority Pass lounge. That benefit is also limited to two guests.

Would like to send other adult and one kid to one lounge (as my two guests), but I don't enter. Then other kid and I proceed to another lounge. Thoughts on whether lounge staff would allow it? Priority Pass can charge my card for me + two guests, and then it's just the two guests who enter. But if they strictly enforce "you must stay with your guests throughout," I can't comply.

Obviously lounge might have sympathy for us and bend the rules a bit. Then again they might look at us, look at kids, and figure we're troublesome (kids could be noisy, messy, etc.).