FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - OSL Airport to City Center
View Single Post
Old Dec 4, 2019, 7:31 pm
boatnfish

Originally Posted by mikew99
I just got back from Oslo on Thursday (U.S. Thanksgiving Day). I took the local train both ways and never even considered taking the airport train due to its considerably higher cost. The local trains run frequently enough, and even if you hit it at the wrong time, the airport train would not (to me) be worth the extra cost. But then, I am a leisure traveler and felt the high cost of living in pretty much everything I did in Oslo! Spend the extra time until the next train by visiting the ATM or getting info from the pleasant and helpful folks at the tourist information office.

The Radisson Blu near the train station looked nice on the outside but was far outside my budget. I stayed at the Best Western Plus City Hotel and had the smallest hotel room that I've stayed in in a very long time -- and it was a double room, which is an upgrade from the single that I had booked. Even still, the room cost about US$110. One suggestion: Book a hotel (or a rate) that includes a breakfast buffet, so you can cover two meals with it.
Thanks for the information. We like to stay near the airport the night before our departure to make getting to the flight easy.

Did you have any issues using U.S. chip credit cards without a pin? I have been finding conflicting information on this.

Thanks again!