FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - My Reservation is in WHOSE name??
View Single Post
Old Dec 4, 2019, 12:30 pm
uibd

Programs: UA Silver, MR Ambassador, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Hisgirl
Any thoughts on how an interntional reservation made at a global marriott hotel, confirmed by email, originally made by employer's travel agency, would be held in the name of a random relative??

My spouse went to check in and was told they did not have a reservation in his name.

But I have an email confirmation!, says he.

Hmmm...yes, you do, says the clerk. But the reservation is in XYZ's name, not yours.

A random relative, with a different last name, who has never stayed at this hotel, doesn't travel with us, and hasn't been in this country in 10 years.

It took some firm words and a manager to finally get the reservation released.

So how did that happen?

He is a 25 year loyal rewards member who stays on all business trips with marriott.

The employer made the reservation for him, it was his rewards account number, made through the employer's travel agency and the employer is 100% unaware of the existence of this relative. HIs email confirmation is to his email, his name, with his rewards number.

The relative doesnt' have a rewards account with this chain and has no idea how their name got in this mix. Neither do we.

We can't figure this one out.

Thoughts?
Any chance this is in Egypt? I've seen something similar there at a couple of the hotels.