Community
Wiki Posts
Search

My Reservation is in WHOSE name??

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2019, 5:44 pm

Originally Posted by Jebby_ca
Are the hotels owned by the same person/group? Do they share a booking/crm system? Did the hotel update that booking 10 years ago when your relative checked-in with your relative's information, but kept the rewards # on the booking because it was paid for with points? Now, in that hotel group's system, your relative's information is associated with your spouse's rewards number.
This is would be my speculative guess on what is happening, too. The hotel owners may be using third-party Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software that uses the frequent traveler number as the unique key in the database. That works, in theory, because that number is only assigned to one person and never changes.

That software package might have been poorly configured in that it couldn't handle gifted reward stays. Or, perhaps someone at the hotel 10 years ago put the OP's spouse's Rewards number in relative's profile when it should have been placed in a different data field.

-----

If anyone is curious, I used to work in the hospitality industry and can confirm that these types of CRM systems are fairly common. A company that owns and operates multiple hotels would want to be able to track their customers. And since many hotel owners have franchises under competing hotel groups, they can't simply use the CRM tools provided by the brand. The only way to track spending and other things would be through third-party CRM software.
Jebby_ca and KRSW like this.
Old Dec 4, 2019, 5:53 pm

Programs: BA SIL, WN A, UA SIL, Marriott TIT (LT), Hilton DIA
I recently stayed at the Hong Kong Sky City Marriott (great property BTW).

When I checked in, the address on the paperwork was my former address, from 5 years prior.

(I updated my address on Marriott's website when I moved 5 years ago)

I have had this issue several times before in Asia with Marriott properties that seem to have database issues.
Old Dec 4, 2019, 11:49 pm

Programs: TG Gold, MPC Silver, Bonvoy Ambassador
Had a similar problem at the Ren in HK. The address they had on file was from 10+ years ago despite being completely up to date on my Bonvoy account
Old Dec 5, 2019, 12:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Stayed at the CY Warsaw airport two weeks ago - my name & Bonvoy number are correct, all other details are wrong, starting from nationality to passport number. I stayed at this hotel earlier, with my correct details. Go figure
Old Dec 14, 2019, 8:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL
So my spouse is back, we reached out to Marriott about the wrong name being on the reservation and the breakfast issues and also received an email from the hotel. He was informed it was the hotel's fault, not Marriott's and they compensated him 5,000 points for his troubles.

I'll just leave it at that.
margarita girl likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.