FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA potentially closing accounts due to credit card churning/churn
Old Dec 3, 2019, 6:35 pm
cmtlatitudes

This is a random picking of topical posts from the other thread, during the past two months. I don't pretend to fully understand how some of this worked. But it doesn't sound completely "coerce".

1. The new two browser trick! Blast from the past.
Just did the 2 browser using one emailer for wife and I. She was auto approved and I had to call in. Awaiting letters in the mail to confirm 60k/3 month offer.

2. Received two emailers: Opened the link simultaneously in IE, Chrome, Safari. Filled out each, and hit submit for all 3. All 3 auto approved. Reddit DP that I was building on did 2 from 1 link and both were approved, both received letter mentioning the bonus. Never did follow up to confirm bonus posted, but if the letter shows it I think it is safe. My DP is to show 3 work. The second mailer was used for 2 people.

3. (In response to a question how to work the multiple FF accounts/bonuses). You need to create new AA accounts, with a new AA account number, new first name, new email address and new phone number. You can use the same last name, and physical mailing address. It usually takes a month or so after you create a new account before you get your first email offer. Since it seems you haven't been following this thread, I'll add that the new email offers are only good until the day before the listed expiration date. And they can be used for 2 or 3 different people, using the old fashioned "2 browser method", which you can find explained if you go back thru this thread for around a week or so.

4. What are the known best practices in increasing probability for emailers? Is it create account with fresh email address and phone number? Does the new account need some miles generation activity or emailers come through without any activity?

So the answer to #4 was deleted Sunday evening. I read it Sunday afternoon. If my recall is correct, this was a very detailed step by step response describing using a slightly different first name for the multiple FF accounts when completing the credit card apps, but still the same name, to be able to get it approved when apply. For example, one account is under "Robert". Second account under "Robbie", 3rd account under "Bob", etc. (or it could have been a different one. I can't find it any longer. My eyebrows raised when I read it though. It was a perfect step by step response on how to (possibly) commit fraud and get sign up bonuses.)

Many posts have been deleted or edited in the credit card thread, since the original poster's thread with the account closure questions that started all this. Many eyebrow raising posts have been edited and diluted. There's still plenty there though. It's interesting some people are deleting and editing to hopefully protect themselves and their miles, while others are saying straight out that none of this matters and they'll keep doing it until AA or Citi closes their accounts. I honestly don't understand how that thread hasn't been closed long ago. Maybe other posters in this thread are correct --- AA and Citi just don't care that much. Or as long as someone isn't making TOO many free signup bonus miles off the multiple FF accounts -- whatever that means -- they don't care. Or neither AA or Citi actually considers the practices fraudulent or against T&C's. Unknown at this time, but Time will tell. Hopefully.