FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 26 hours ago purchased points still not posted
Old Dec 1, 2019, 2:36 pm
writetorich

week ends , holidays , after business hours wrong time to buy.

Even then it's hit or miss.
I have a fair amount of transactions over the years ( always when bonus offers) . My most recent experience,, Last month I bought 360K honors points for $1800. I purchase and logged out of Honors site and re-logged in 5 minutes later . AND the points were already there.

Now it can't be called carrier/ hotel specific because I have tried pooled points and transfer points with Hilton and four days later, not there who knows?

I think your are best off during business hours , because if the algorithm flags you for human review, well ?????
I've had good and bad experiences.
Only credit cards and BANK issued debit cards will work. I used a prepaid card once and points com would not fulfill order worse they did not decline at time of purchase i.e." your card is not valid" .Just no posting for days.

I don't think much of this Canadian company. It amazes me how they have a virtual monopoly on fulfilling this for hotels and airlines.

1- What is so proprietary that that points dot com I.T. is needed.?
2- AA sells and fulfills themselves.
3- I'm at a loss as to why the industry needs a third party vendor for a simple e-commerce transaction.
4- If you are using a third party vendor then it should excel ( i,e, virtual instantaneous posting)

This is not the case.
It's hit or miss and no live customer service , phone call to company get a voicemail and never he promised call back.