26 hours ago purchased points still not posted

Old Nov 29, 19, 2:21 am
Original Poster

26 hours ago purchased points still not posted

I purchased 40+20K bonus points yesterday from Alaska and they still have not posted. Alaska says need to speak with points.com
Is it normal for it to take this long? I tried to purchase a smaller amount but still did not post immediately. From what I've heard most points post immediately.
Old Nov 29, 19, 3:21 am

Programs: Alaska
If I am not wrong, only if you have purchased from points.com before with the same card, it will post fast.
Old Nov 29, 19, 3:37 am
Original Poster

I used my card to purchase points for a family member for their account (I've used my card for my personal account as well) so that could be the issue. Then again, after I did my purchase the family member used their card and it still did not go through yet and for a smaller amount of points. Just slow..
Old Nov 29, 19, 3:50 am

Programs: UA 1K; DL GM 2MM; AS 75K
Sometimes fast. Sometimes slow.
Old Nov 29, 19, 1:30 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Alaska MVP Gold
Yes - this takes days sometimes to post. This is a WASTE of money and time because if you need miles - I had to top off one of the kids account's awhile back and it took 5 days. It's a total waste of time and money to even waste your time with this. The miles will not post in the time you need them. Alaska knows this as myself and others have complained about it, but does nothing. At a minimum they need to put a caption next to the purchase saying if you need them immediately they probably will not come.

Originally Posted by frugaltraveler10012 View Post
I purchased 40+20K bonus points yesterday from Alaska and they still have not posted. Alaska says need to speak with points.com
Is it normal for it to take this long? I tried to purchase a smaller amount but still did not post immediately. From what I've heard most points post immediately.
Old Dec 1, 19, 3:36 pm

week ends , holidays , after business hours wrong time to buy.

Even then it's hit or miss.
I have a fair amount of transactions over the years ( always when bonus offers) . My most recent experience,, Last month I bought 360K honors points for $1800. I purchase and logged out of Honors site and re-logged in 5 minutes later . AND the points were already there.

Now it can't be called carrier/ hotel specific because I have tried pooled points and transfer points with Hilton and four days later, not there who knows?

I think your are best off during business hours , because if the algorithm flags you for human review, well ?????
I've had good and bad experiences.
Only credit cards and BANK issued debit cards will work. I used a prepaid card once and points com would not fulfill order worse they did not decline at time of purchase i.e." your card is not valid" .Just no posting for days.

I don't think much of this Canadian company. It amazes me how they have a virtual monopoly on fulfilling this for hotels and airlines.

1- What is so proprietary that that points dot com I.T. is needed.?
2- AA sells and fulfills themselves.
3- I'm at a loss as to why the industry needs a third party vendor for a simple e-commerce transaction.
4- If you are using a third party vendor then it should excel ( i,e, virtual instantaneous posting)

This is not the case.
It's hit or miss and no live customer service , phone call to company get a voicemail and never he promised call back.
Old Dec 1, 19, 3:44 pm

I purchased AS points yesterday around noon. It just posted 3 hours ago.

Search this Thread